Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie- Buttery Jam Cookies

This weeks TWD, was chosen by Heather of Randomosity and the Girl. The cookie madness continues with her choice of Buttery Jam Cookies. It is a really simple and easy recipe to make. Dorie's instructions call for apricot jam, however I used Raspberry (as it was what was in my fridge). I did pull them out of the oven after a few minutes, to flatten them out a bit.
These were an interesting "cookie", in fact I'm thinking these are more like biscuits rather than cookies. They have a "cakey" texture, and the jam flavor was very mild. I can see them being served with afternoon tea. :) I personally, am a "crispy cookie" girl..... so most likely this recipe will not be repeated. But that said, I always enjoy making a new recipe regardless of the outcome.

13 comments:

Engineer Baker said...

I love your plate! These were definitely good with tea, and since they aren't "cookie-like" they're good for breakfast too :)

Cristine said...

Definately biscuit like! Yours look great!

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your cookies look fabulous and I love that plate!

Tammy said...

interesting is a good way to describe these!! I prefer crisp and chewy too!

vibi said...

I feel like I've been coming here pretty often lately! LOL ...always a treat to visit!
And as usual... your baking is wonderful, Banjo!

Megan said...

Yes, biscuits is an apt description of these. Not bad, just not extraordinary.

Anonymous said...

i agree--these cookies were "interesting" :) yours came out beautifully, even if you didn't think they were fantastic. your presentation is lovely--that plate is so pretty.

Pamela said...

Looks like your turned out perfect. I liked them, but I'm pretty sure I won't make them again. Great job, though.

Flourchild said...

Ya Im thinking you could eat these bisquit like cookies with some scrambled egss and bacon! I like your cookies!

Anonymous said...

At least you got some nice photos out of the deal. Bring on the cheesecake!

Danielle said...

I used raspberry also. I think it needed more jam I needed a stronger raspberry taste, but thats just me!
You cookies look great.

kimberly salem said...

yours look beautiful :) i love that plate, too!

TeaLady said...

Cake and cookie. Two fer a second time. They look great.