Monday, January 12, 2009

Tuesdays With Dorie- Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins

This weeks recipe was chosen by Rebecca of Ezra Pound Cake (whose site I adore btw), Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins. As my first TWD of the year, this couldn't have been more appropriate for me.... as I love muffins.... corn, berry, chocolate muffins.. you name it.
Dorie certainly did not disappoint with this recipe. I did, however, make a few adjustments of my own for this recipe.. The first was using Pamela's Gluten Free Flour mix rather than All Purpose Flour and I left out the cilantro... as it is the one spice that makes me cringe...not a fan.
I know so many of the TWD bakers made this to serve with a Chili recipe.. and it really would be the perfect addition! I however, was not feeling Chili on Sunday... but instead paired it with "breakfast for dinner"... an omelet. :) Thanks Rebecca for this great choice, I will surely be repeating it... and was thrilled the GF conversion was a success.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

I'll bet it was great with the omlet, too! Great job.

vibi said...

WOW! Muffins just like I like them... crusty (the best part is the crust, really!) and of rich caramel golden color... hummm... When did you say, I could drop by for muffins and a coffee??? LOL

Danielle said...

Your muffins look great good job. I left out the cilantro as well, I never thought of having corn muffins with an omlet great idea!

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

Oooooo, I bet the omelet and muffins were "heaven on a plate!" That sounds SO good!

Kimberly said...

Your pictures are yummy...I can just feel the light crunch of the crust when taking that first bite. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Anonymous said...

Yours look great Carolyn!
I LOVE Pamela's....especially for waffles and pancakes :)
-Erin O. @ glutenfreewithapurpose

Anonymous said...

Check out the crust you got on these! Nice job. And I'm all about breakfast for dinner. Save an omelet for me. ;)

CB said...

ITA! I am all about breakfast for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Bummer you aren't a cilantro fan. I think its one of those things that is an acquired taste. Its used alot in asian cooking. Maybe thats why I love it!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought