Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesdays with Dorie- Chocolate Bread Pudding


This weeks Tuesdays with Dorie was chosen by Lauren of Upper East Side Chronicle. To be honest I have never been a bread or rice pudding fan. I think it is a texture issue, we all have our likes and dislikes and pudding (& jello) has never been mine. BUT I have never actually made bread pudding so I thought I would give this week a go.


It was very easy to make, I used gluten free rolls and made a third of the recipe in 2 ramekins. Sadly... this recipe did not change my mind. However, I did enjoy learning how to make it.. the baking process is always enjoyable for me. :) I also could not resist showing off my beautiful Orchid plant. After a wild weekend of weather in Denver.. (some areas got up to 22 inches of snow ..ACK!), spring has finally sprung here. I for one am very excited for some "spring fever" and beautiful weather! :) Despite the fact that this was not a favorite desert, I of course, am looking forward to more TWD adventures. 

15 comments:

Pamela said...

Beautiful flowers! It wasn't my thing either, but at least we tried.

Jessica said...

Lovely orchid! I have family that lives in Boulder and they sent pictures of all of that snow, crazy! I'm sorry that the bread pudding didn't rock your world. As a person that has texture issues with some foods, I know that it's a hard thing to get past. I give you props for trying it!

Lynne said...

Oh the orchids are gorgeous!

Sabrina said...

It looks lovely!

chocolatechic said...

Gorgeous pictures.

Sorry you didn't like it.

I used donuts.

vibi said...

Beautiful orchids! ...of course bread pudding not being as photogenic as them, it did need that nice dainty plate you put it on! LOL

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it much... even if you did manage to make it look super!

mike said...

Wow - presentation: A+! That definitely looks 4 stars worthy!

Anonymous said...

that orchid is GORGEOUS!
i think we had the same opinion about the bread pudding :)
-erin@glutenfreewithapurpose

Heather said...

Your orchid is AMAZING! Sorry you didn't like the bread pudding, but it looks great.

Anonymous said...

too bad it wasn't a success for you. I agree, I think it is a texture thing.

Engineer Baker said...

Wow, that orchid looks amazing - they're so hard to grow! Sorry this didn't change your mind about bread pudding, but I agree - sometimes the baking process makes it all worth it.

Unknown said...

Your orchid is gorgeous!! Sorry you didn't love the bread pudding. It was my first time trying it and I really enjoyed the recipe.

Bungalow Barbara said...

What a lovely orchid! I agree, the process of baking is always interesting and almost always fun, no matter what the results.

Anonymous said...

Your orchid is gorgeous! I didn't like this too much either, but you never know until you try.

betty geek said...

Such beautiful pics! Love that orchid!

Bread pudding is not for everyone . . . but it is for me! ;)