Friday, May 15, 2009

Cucumber Salad

This cucumber salad is another new favorite side of mine that I just had to share this morning. (forgive me, I can not for the life of me remember where I found this... from some beautiful blogger out there no doubt.. ) It is super easy and light. Not to mention, fresh veggies and fruit are just some of my favorite things right now...


Salad:
2 large cucumber, 1 peeled & one unpeeled.. cut into chunks
1/3 to 1/2 of a medium red onion, diced fine, to taste
2 large tomatoes- I used some yummy yellow ones.

Dressing:
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon good tasting olive oil
2 teaspoons light agave nectar, or more to taste
A tiny pinch of sea salt, or to taste
Fresh ground pepper, to taste

In a large bowl combine the cut and sliced cucumbers with the diced onion and tomato.
Whisk the dressing and pour over salad. Gently toss to coat. Cover and chill at least an hour before serving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds light, fresh, and tasty. Perfect for summer!

Teanna said...

This is a perfect salad to have for summer - I may add this to my memorial day bbq list!

Missy "Photographer Sydney" John said...

yummy... i love cucumber